Operating largely in the public sector, Solar Windows naturally has to comply with very strict health and safety criteria. While the company has an excellent safety record, it felt that a specific course in the very latest health and safety techniques would make its workforce even more effective.
Following a meeting with Coleg Ystrad Mynach it was decided to tailor the course to meet the needs of Solar Windows as a PVC-U window fabricator and to deliver the training module in the workplace. Continuous staff assessment underpinned the exercise. Also included were shop floor hazards, control measures and fire safety.
- On-site training reduces disruption to factory production
- Training is delivered in the actual working environment
- Hazards and problems are identifiable and corrective action can be proposed and implemented
- Training was instructive and enjoyable with immediate reference to the workplace
- Value for money at around £60 per employee